I LOVE the lavender truffles from Hedonist Chocolates! When my husband accidentally forgot to order them for me, I had to make my own version. Note – I followed the recipe for Ghiradelli White Chocolate Truffles, and modified it slightly.
- 8 ounces Ghirardelli White Chocolate Baking Bar
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoon dried lavender buds (Make sure they are food grade – I get mine at the renaissance faire ;))
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 cup of Ghiradelli premium dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- Place lavender buds in disposable tea bag, tea ball or cheesecloth tied with string.
- In a small saucepan, bring the cream and packet of lavender buds to a simmer. Simmer for an additional minute or until the desired lavender-y-ness is reached.
- Add the butter and stir until melted. Add the white chocolate. Stir with a wooden spoon until completely melted and smooth.
- Remove from the heat and pour into a shallow bowl. Cool, cover, and refrigerate the mixture until firm, at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Using a melon baller or small spoon, roll the mixture into 1″ balls.
- In a double boiler melt Ghiradelli dark chocolate.
- Roll balls in the melted chocolate, then immediately roll in cocoa powder.
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.