I came up with this pattern after we had Chinese take out one night! The box is based on a Chinese take out box, but perfectly fits 4 truffles. You don’t need any additional adhesives to hold it together, and it can be made from regular 8.5×11″ cardstock. The instructions to construct a DIY take out truffle box are at the bottom of this post. To prepare many DIY truffle boxes for a party, use the instructions that follow.
You will need:
- Several sheets of cardstock 65lbs or above (I used 2 dozen)
- DIY Box PDF template
- X-acto knife
- Instruction PDF
- Waxed paper
- Print out Box PDF template on the wrong side of cardstock sheets. Be sure that “fit to page” is NOT selected and there is no scaling selected.
- Using an X-acto knife and a ruler, cut along the line on the inside of each box flap. This will make it so your guests do not have to deal with this step.
- Print out the instruction PDF for your guests and staple it together.
- Cut waxed paper into 3″x7″ strips. You will need 2 per box.
- Set up a station with box templates, waxed paper sheets, rulers, scissors and any decorations. Then let your guests go wild!
DIY Truffle Box Instructions
- Cut out box template.
- Fold along outmost tabs.
- Fold along inner tabs.
- Fold joints into triangles by folding the sides of the box in while pressing the tabs to the inside and folding.
- Place a sheet of waxed paper into box. Place a second sheet perpendicular to the first.
- Add chocolates.
- Fold up sides with flaps.
- Fold up sides with closure.
- Insert tab into slit to close.